Content Harry Potter Original Young Justice

Reviews

Kara posted a comment on Tuesday 15th October 2013 7:05pm

I have also never seen an episode of 'Buffy'. That being said, I worked for a criminal law firm - who informed you of some of our secrets? They shall BURN !

jmmistytamplen posted a comment on Wednesday 4th September 2013 12:48pm

Mess it may be, but I liked it! I have never seen a Buffy episode either, and don't know that I care to watch one, but I understand enough about it to be able to read the crossovers.

Dale Dietzman posted a comment on Monday 22nd July 2013 10:10am

Must have been something in the water. About the same time you were doing this I was struck by the W&H possibilities, and wrote my own little oneshot about Albus Dumbeldore being served papers by W&H. Some who read it asked for more, so I expaned it a bit and posted it on Ficwad as "The Day The Music Died". Now I seldom post anything I write, but I though you might like to compare takes on "Wolfram & Hart vs. the Wiz World". I admit that I didn't think to have Luna be a relative of a Senior Partner, but I did have Rita Skeeter get her "comeuppance" when she rode along with a Junior Partner.

Manatheron posted a comment on Wednesday 1st May 2013 6:45pm

Oddly Enough, I would very much like to see a continuation of this. Especially if Harry were to run into his mother after he had been properly schooled to not show emotion untill he was alone and could work through it without an audiance... Occlemacy trick of some sort perhaps...

It'd be interesting to see him broker a deal to get his mother's soul... not his mother herself, but her soul, on retainer or at very least manage a contract for deed somehow without losing his own...

anyway. Nice oneshot. Keep up the good work!

Gioia posted a comment on Sunday 28th April 2013 2:08am

This fun little story amused me greatly after a brutal day. Thank you so much for sharing it.

I know this is silly, but my curiosity drove me to do the math on the Quibbler's pay rate for stories, using the HP-lexicon's currency converter. That's not a perfect exchange rate, but it's close enough to tell me that the Quibbler's low pay in this story is actually pretty much the same as what most news writers are paid today in the muggle U.S.. It came to about $10 for a 500-word story. Assuming it takes an hour to research and write 1 story (pretty standard), and given that most newsrooms expect 8-10 stories to be writen daily by each writer, that puts the daily salary at about $80-$100. I was a journalism major and my hubby is a news producer for a major network in a large market. So, if Hermione has any thoughts of writing for a living, she'd better take Luna's offer. ;-)

See how you inspired my imagination? Thank you again for this! I know it was a small story, but it really got my brain working and helped me discard some stress while working through the perfectly planned logic of your world. Grazie!

_Moony_ posted a comment on Saturday 27th April 2013 8:37am

I normally read crack stories and think, "well... that was fun"

This one on the other hand, I just wish more was written. Please continue, that was awesome.

Slytherin66 posted a comment on Saturday 27th April 2013 7:00am

This was good I am pleased there is someone magic users fear. The reaction of Lucius was funny and the mention of the squib Weasley was a nice touch maybe he is the reason the Weasley's are so poor or bad with money.

A good explnation as to how Harry survived. It was good to see Luna, Harry would be way better off with her than Hermione.

"Hermione's friend Victoria has told her of her secret shop" some good Luna logic and going shopping there will be most enjoyable for Luna and fun for Harry.

I hope Harry does not return to magical society he was never really accepted or treated well there and Harry will never be normal so why not be powerful and legal power can defeat Dark Wizards, could teach the Ministry a lesson and get pay back on the Dursley's. It's a good job Albus is dead.

Dobby and the other House elves could make deliverying legal documents so much easier. Although lawyers seem to have to problem dealing with Riddle so anyone else won't be a problem.

If Harry ever goes into tax law he could bring down the Malfoys and the Goblins too.

Harry should try and get Fleur a job with the firm she would do well and could do wonders for the standing of the Veela if that is what she wants. Beauty, allure, fire balls and legal knowledge would be hard to beat in any world.

James Potter seemed an idiot I am glad Harry's mum was not.

Thanks for this I look forward to what you post next.

Orion posted a comment on Friday 26th April 2013 10:05pm

Great! Thanks for writing.

Mistress of Potions posted a comment on Friday 26th April 2013 9:12pm

A definitely different story, but that's something I've always enjoyed about your work, this story definitely included. I've never seen an episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" either so I wouldn't have caught the bit about the law firm's name either.

Michael Cornfoot posted a comment on Friday 26th April 2013 5:10pm

i hope you are planning another chapter - especially with mentioning lily at the end. Also, would Ginny really abandon Harry easily especially after dating him?

Katsuhito posted a comment on Friday 26th April 2013 4:33pm

Hehe. This is great. There are only two things keeping me from suggesting a full story made from this: 1. Lots more work would need to be done to flesh this out into more than a one-shot; and 2, the other WIPs you have going.

Maybe keep this as a palette cleanser type idea?

Anyway, Loved this as a one shot. Especially that bit about "Uncle Ram." :)

Hmm.. here's an idea. Harry completes his education with WRH, but is not predisposed to actually do evil for evil's sake. So, he works with WRH, but uses evil to fight evil, walking that knife's edge that other tragic heroes walk, like Blade, Ghost Rider, Spawn, etc. Perhaps with his mother as an aide, or even as a recurring antagonist. Maybe Lily is assigned by the Partners to "keep her spawn in line." This could be really neat, especially if crossed with another setting, either sci-fi or fantasy. Hehe, I just laughed at the thought of the Vampire Council of Anita Blake fame (before the series degenerated into almost a pwp story) being confronted with an agent of WRH.

Well, that's enough of this stream of consciousness review. I look forward to your next installment of your current WIPs, especially Elder Sect. ;)

ibskib posted a comment on Friday 26th April 2013 1:32pm

Not seen Buffy? Blasphemy!

Then you have something to look forward to ;-) Wolfram and Hart is a major antagonist in the spin off Angel, and is a part of some of the most entertaining episodes in the series.

Luan Mao posted a comment on Friday 26th April 2013 1:19pm

Rest easy: you are not the only living human being never to have seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (Nor have I ever seen an episode of Seinfeld or Friends or 24 or American Idol.)

Other than that, not much to say about an old lawyer joke.

Riegert8 posted a comment on Friday 26th April 2013 1:17pm

Interesting story

I thought that Wolfram and Hart has more of a connection with the spinoff Angel then Buffy, I had only seen 1 episode of Buffy and that because I lost a bet. So I don't know much about Buffy

Ratboy posted a comment on Friday 26th April 2013 11:45am

OK that was funny as heck, and no you are not the only person to never see an episode of Buffy. I think you should continue this as maybe a crack fic extreme.

johann posted a comment on Friday 26th April 2013 10:49am

interesting story :)

lwj2 posted a comment on Friday 26th April 2013 10:18am

Ah, yes, the Soulless Lawyer. Still, there remains The Question: Are lawyers indeed soulless, or have they simply sold their souls to The Evil One in exchange for prosperity and payment of all law school debts?

Thanks, Clell, this was one of the funniest yet.

JSX posted a comment on Friday 26th April 2013 9:00am

I have never been able to sit thru the movie Buffy much less the TV show. Just so you know, you are not alone in the world as a non-Buffy viewer.

I am impressed in the manner and tone of this little one-shot. Depressed that it is only an one-shot, but still is a masterpiece.

Nice use of lawyer joke mainstays and the accepted believes of the Killing Curse.

I look forward to your next post. JSX