Content Harry Potter Original Young Justice

Reviews

trahald of uru posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd November 2017 7:30am for Lily

That was satisfying. One would think Tom Riddle would recognize a gun. Instead, he earns a Darwin Award.

Kairan1979 posted a comment on Sunday 4th October 2015 6:19pm for Lily

It makes sense that Voldemort's wand worked so well in Harry's hands.

Hagrid showing up instead of Dumbledore was always suspicious for me too.

Lily2772 posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2014 11:49am for Lily

I love this story. Pity you will not write a sequel, but ok.

Lily

reader1writer1 posted a comment on Monday 28th April 2014 8:23pm for Lily

This is absolutely brilliant. I've thought so many times that Hagrid showing up rather than Dumbledore coming to help was a glaring plot hole or perhaps foreshadowing that went awry... Anyway, I love that Lily proves she is a smart as she was said to be. :)

ParadoxWithinTruth posted a comment on Thursday 20th December 2012 12:06pm for Lily

nice story...

do you happen to know how I can find other stories by the same author?

whenever I click the author's name I just get a 'Contact the Author' screen...

gara5289 posted a comment on Wednesday 21st November 2012 4:00pm for Lily

While i do like Hagrid i actually would've expected Lily to be way harsher especially considering the circumstances. She's smart, angry and carrying a weapon. But otherwise GREAT one-shot. You'd think there'd be more like this, where Lily at least attempts to whack Voldemort with a gun but this is the first time I've read this.

reader1writer1 posted a comment on Saturday 14th July 2012 12:18am for Lily

I loved it! Great concept. I'd read more of it anytime.

David Thacker posted a comment on Tuesday 12th June 2012 11:47pm for Lily

Is there more to this and if so where can it be found?

FeNo posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2012 3:37pm for Lily

Almost perfect. There just was a lackage of cerebral perforatoin of a certain high up politician with far more first names than common sense or decency... otherwise i've got no problem with it being a one-shot.

And "Harry's Wad" is soooo adorable :) It reminds me of a deep rooted wish to somedays see a story where timetravelling Harry is sitting as toddler behind the front door when Voldi comes up and makes short process of the wanker! And as they're brother wands he should be fine with Riddles toothpick!

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Monday 19th December 2011 12:33pm for Lily

Good chapter.

gunny

Vukk posted a comment on Monday 19th December 2011 5:22am for Lily

I don't think I have read of a story where Lily used a gun to kill Voldemort. Harry has and I believe Neville has on occasion, but I can't recall where Lily has. Nor do I think I have seen more than one story where Harry 'owned' a wand prior to being taught magic.

In the spirit of Christmas...you will be on my nice list if their would be a few more chapters...

Eric Oppen posted a comment on Friday 16th December 2011 1:00am for Lily

Excellent idea! In Harry's shoes, as familiar with the Muggle world as he is, I'd have had enough firepower waiting at Hogwarts for the Death Eaters to repel the D-Day invasion.

Gaelyn posted a comment on Thursday 15th December 2011 4:41am for Lily

Great one shot. It does set up for a "Harry's Mom survived" story, true, and I would love to see where your mind would take it versus others, but as a stand-alone, it's extraordinarily good. I especially appreciate the gun training parts. It gives a depth to Lily's knowledge and shows a bit of the Evans' life prior to Lily becoming a Potter that is rarely seen (or done well) elsewhere.
Keep up the wonderful work.

Rowan Mikaio posted a comment on Wednesday 14th December 2011 7:51am for Lily

Can you do me a favor, since I don't remember. Could someone point out where it says that neither Lily nor James have their wands with them? I don't remember anything to that effect from the books.

Philosopher's Stone/ Sorcerer's Stone, Chapter 17
"Yes boy, your parents were brave.... I killed your father first, and he put up a courageous fight ... but your mother needn’t have died … she was trying to protect you ... Now give me the stone unless you want her to have died in vain."

That doesn't particularly sound to me like neither of them had their wands.

I like the story, though. I agree that it's a good one-shot, rather than a longer story, and for the same reasons you listed.

Clell65619 replied:

The Potters were unarmed as per chapter 17 of Deathly Hallows:

"Lily, take Harry and go! It's him! Go! Run! I'll hold him off!"

Hold him off, without a wand in his hand! ... He laughed before casting the curse ... "Avada Kedavra!"

The green light filled the cramped hallway, it lit the pram pushed against the wall, it made the banisters glow like lighting rods, and James Potter fell like a marionette whose strings were cut ...

He could hear her screaming from the upper floor, trapped, but as long as she was sensible, she, at least, had nothing to fear ... He climbed the steps, listening with faint amusement to her attempts to barricade herself in ... She had no wand upon her either ... How stupid they were, and how trusting, thinking that their safety lay in friends, that weapons could be discarded even for moments...

Terry Chang posted a comment on Tuesday 13th December 2011 10:15am for Lily

Love your writing. More specifically, love the ideas that you have. This one with guns. Well, it's a good idea. I don't see why a muggleborn who's involved in a war shouldn't have 1 or 2.

And this relates to your other stories too. Technomage is great along with the gender switching story. Just really well done overall. It's obvious that you put a lot if thought into the writing. Just wanted to say thank you.

Kathleen posted a comment on Monday 12th December 2011 8:48pm for Lily

I really liked this. :) You have a good point about people not carrying their wands with them.

Jonathan Langford posted a comment on Monday 12th December 2011 5:48pm for Lily

Very cool. I wish that you *were* willing to continue with this, because it's obvious you have a different take from the usual. But I'm willing to enjoy what I have!

lwj2 posted a comment on Monday 12th December 2011 8:22am for Lily

I've already commented and forgot to add my plea to others' — please consider expanding this from a one-shot, you've left more than adequate ground to cover one with Dumbles being aware of the Potters' 'demise' at Voldemort's hand.

Thanks for an excellent story.

lwj2 posted a comment on Monday 12th December 2011 8:16am for Lily

I've often wondered why non-magical weaponry did not make an appearance in JKR's stories. They're certainly something Harry would have been aware of, if not familiar with.

I like your takeoff here, with Harry's grandfather having seen service. Nicely done, thank you.

Fic Chick posted a comment on Sunday 11th December 2011 10:12pm for Lily

I'm sorry this is a one shot. I'd love to read more.