Content Harry Potter Original Young Justice

Reviews

nomad062 posted a comment on Thursday 16th September 2010 10:08pm for The Board

Definitely a fun little oneshot. An observation for you; the board stated that one couldn't be a teacher and head of house yet confirmed Vector and Babbling as heads of house and didn't mention them no longer teaching.
Nice job as usual.

Richard6154 posted a comment on Thursday 16th September 2010 8:33pm for The Board

Enjoyed reading this on the Group and really liked the ending.

Thanks for sharing

Michael Foerster posted a comment on Thursday 16th September 2010 6:20pm for The Board

Wow, I'm stunned, completely perplex. Such a great plot, so masterfully executed. Wow!

Thanks for sharing.
PS: The non-involvement of Harry is a plus in this case.

Bob Officer posted a comment on Thursday 16th September 2010 4:50pm for The Board

Very Good!

A different turn of events and a bit of pointed observations.

rhiannonmr posted a comment on Thursday 16th September 2010 12:31pm for The Board

I like this story a lot. It's nice to see a group making positive changes that DOESN'T include any of the usual suspects. As a parent the more I read in the HP universe the more disturbed I got at times concerning the school, the teaching staff and it's administration. I wondered who in all of the mess that occurred at that school was an advocate for the children who attended it?

The smackdown delivered to McG, and Flitwick was very much deserved by them. And it was done very well by the four who did it. The potioning of Rowle and Malfoy was rough justice but also deserved by the two of them. That potion WAS intent based and from what we saw of Malfoy's thoughts during the story, he hadn't changed a bit, and wasn't going to. As for him regaining his seat? Not surprising since this world only seemed to do a half-assed job at the end of the first war and likely would've done the same this time if the children themselves hadn't done something about it. Like it or not the epilogue thing in DH didn't show a whole lot of change in their world. And JKR pretty much stated in later interviews that the Malfoys got away with it.

delrusant posted a comment on Thursday 16th September 2010 11:42am for The Board

As always great Fanfic, really original and well thought out to transform a dwindling institution into a real school where hundreds of students can flourish ;-)

Miminomo posted a comment on Thursday 16th September 2010 10:12am for The Board

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It's one of the few finished stories on my favorites list. (Most of the others on that list are unfinished, like Invincible Techno Mage.

Genericrandom posted a comment on Thursday 16th September 2010 9:35am for The Board

That was pretty distinctly epic. I liked it. Although I'm a fan of the 'logical breakdown of WTF?man!WTF?' type stories, they get boring if the same questions get asked again and again. While I had seen a few of the issues you covered in this story, I hadn't seen even more of them. You did a really well thought out job with this one, and presented it marvelously. 9/10

AngelQueen posted a comment on Thursday 16th September 2010 6:20am for The Board

Very, very entertaining! I love that other students at Hogwarts noticed the bad policies being enforced at the school and how they reacted when they were in a position to do something about it. It's true, Dumbledore did some insane things during the seven years that Harry and Co. were there, such as with the Philosopher's Stone, and the staff did nothing to stop him, in fact helped him!

If you do decide to do a sequel, I think it'll be interesting to find out if Minerva and Filius decided to stick around, or stomped out in a huff. I'm also curious to find out what the Board decided to do about Hagrid -- the man is very knowledgeable about magical creatures, but his lack of acknowledging the danger of some of those creatures caused him trouble. He didn't take the time to build up the students' knowledge, just kind of threw them into the wolves and expected them to be able to handle the most dangerous animals. A hippogriff, for example, should probably have been held back for the older students, perhaps the OWL or NEWT students. The younger ones should have had less dangerous creatures, like learning about the unicorns and the basis for treating all creatures with respect.

At least Voldemort's death will have ended the curse on the DADA position, and the Board won't have to worry about getting someone new for the post every single year. ;)

Again, excellent story! I enjoyed reading it very much! :D

Luan Mao posted a comment on Thursday 16th September 2010 5:31am for The Board

Very nice! You're not the first to observe that many of the dysfunctional aspects of JKR's world get their start at school, but your story may be the best treatment of addressing the problem.

As for the crack bunny about the "special" school, allow me to encourage you. It doesn't have to be a humorous short-short, either -- given plausible guesses about wizarding population, a school with a few hundred students can't have all of the kids. Maybe only a tenth. Ten percent of students being designated as "special" is kind of high, but plausible given a lot of inbreeding. Hogwarts getting the kids, and staff, who just can't make it actually makes sense.

Ian Quest posted a comment on Thursday 16th September 2010 5:17am for The Board

As brilliant as the rest of your writing! I thoroughly enjoyed seeing some people with actual common sense and determination for change and improvement manage to grab the reins of the Potterverse... I'm also really hoping you see your way clear to a sequel, as now I'm curious just what a reformed Hogwarts would look like! :)

ficbob posted a comment on Thursday 16th September 2010 5:13am for The Board

Great and true. I am interested in who you think or create as teachers and staff. So, I hope there is more.
Thanks

Zaion posted a comment on Thursday 16th September 2010 5:08am for The Board

As always, your writing is brilliant Clell.

-ZI

marcelhm posted a comment on Thursday 16th September 2010 4:48am for The Board

nice fresh look here. kudos!

vila posted a comment on Thursday 16th September 2010 3:23am for The Board

Hi, that was a nice and very original one shot... i absolutely loved the fic finale, a fitting ending to lucius and his brand of psycophancy. the idea for the fic was quite thought-provoking. most fics portray harry potter as this omnipotent individual who personally carries out societal reforms while all others of his generation alternately laud / deride the whole thing. as you have rightly said, the others must have their adventures too. keep the fic juices flowing...
vila

Wolfric posted a comment on Thursday 16th September 2010 2:12am for The Board

Great story. I like the dose of sanity for Hogwarts. Thanks for writing. W.

Darksama posted a comment on Thursday 16th September 2010 12:33am for The Board

Nice little story. It would be cool to see what else happens with the school. Maybe even a look at what others think about the changes. There is quite a bit of potential here and it would be sad to see it go to waste.

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Thursday 16th September 2010 12:20am for The Board

Excellent, Clell. I am glad my plot bunny found a good home.

Mike (Musings of Apathy)

Clell65619 replied:

- Hey, If I'm going to steal my ideas, I'll only steal from the best.

jilumasam posted a comment on Wednesday 15th September 2010 10:04pm for The Board

Brilliant!!!! Certainly some food for thought!!!!

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Wednesday 15th September 2010 8:50pm for The Board

JKR has written a brilliant seres of stories and then decided to give us HBP and DH. It caused us to wonder what else was substandard, and analyze everything to new extremes.

This piece is excellent, thought provoking, and pretty darn fun.

Thanks for writing it.

A ST V