Content Harry Potter Original Young Justice

Reviews

Riegert8 posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 3:37pm for Lily

This Good story

ThunderGod posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 2:57pm for Lily

You know, I can see you being asked numerously to do a sequel, as this is a great story, and people will want to see what happens next. So you may as well start it:}

Bernd Jacobitz posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 2:44pm for Lily

more? please?
please, please?

Banner posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 1:36pm for Lily

That felt ... really good, actually. Too bad Lily wasn't informed about Snape's collusion.

sffilk posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 1:10pm for Lily

And there's more of this coming when?

goddessa39 posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 12:50pm for Lily

When I saw the mention of this in my email, I laughed because the whole "Janies go-ot-a-gun" went through my head. Anywho, I liked it. It's a bit odd that Wormy would go in after him, but oh well. Hagrid though shocked me, all insisting that Harry come with him. I guess its canon though so understandable. Still, i was shocked he'd try to take him from Lily.

And yes, I've always questioned how Dumbles knew to go to them and where an all.

Dale Dietzman posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 12:38pm for Lily

Just how it SHOULD have played out. A serviceman wouldn't want his daughters to be helpless, and a wizard/witch without a wand pretty much IS. And as a muggleborn, Lily SHOULD have had an appreciation for all those things the purebloods despised, including weapons, and the wonderful way they have to "level the playing field".

Anya McLerie posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 11:34am for Lily

Oh my heavens -- you just wrote EVERYTHING I ever wanted to see corrected in that first event that ruined Harry's life. Lily not going 'witch', but going muggle on Voldemort's arse, Harry showing that he wasn't just lucky, but his magic was significant, and Sirius doing the right thing. But most of all -- that Dumbledore isn't blindly followed! Brilliant! (Although, what the heck was Hagrid thinking to try and take a child from their mother?)

Jason Karr posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 11:08am for Lily

A gun is just as good at killing or wounding someone as a wand. it is nice that Lily was taught to use a gun by her father.

Malchior posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 11:03am for Lily

I wish you would write more of the story, but based off this one 'chapter' it would imply that Lily defending herself with technology, not magic, would lead her to having a heavily techno-magic Harry attending Hogwarts. Invariably, every story ends up with either Technology completely outclassing Magic in everyway, or it being completely useless. I don't think I've ever actually seen a 'balanced' story.

Anyway, as for the Potters not having their wands, you may not recall, but in Goblet of Fire, Molly doesn't have her wand on her and picks up one of the Twins' fake wands. From her reaction, it seems to be a common occurence. Now I know that Molly may be the exception, not the rule, but she is the only other 'home life' example we have to pull from. If you compare the two scenarios, then you realize the key factor to not having your wand is one thing. Both of them lived in a place they are absolutely certain is secure, James a Lily because of the Fidelius, and Molly because there is no threat. Where as the kids are in school and need their wands at all times. Then, later on, they are at war and they all know the Fidelius isn't a fool proof security.

But at the same time, I still think J.K. used a cop out and took their wands away from them. I mean, James and Lily were both actively part of the Order, had fought/defied Voldemort on three occasions, and she expects us to believe they didn't keep some way to defend themselves on them at all times? I don't buy it.

Niether here nor there, I would still like to see you continue this story, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

IssaBissa posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 10:57am for Lily

Loved it! Though it is a bit of a shame that you are not doing anything else with this I can see it turning out to be a fun read.