Content Harry Potter Original Young Justice

Reviews

Ginger posted a comment on Sunday 11th December 2011 9:27pm

Oh, come now, you can't leave this as a one shot. I want more please? Maybe, Harry learning to shoot?

dg Fry posted a comment on Sunday 11th December 2011 5:08pm

Wow! Excellent start to the story. Sure hope you continue on with this.

headbanger posted a comment on Sunday 11th December 2011 4:04pm

The 'some one gets a gun and acts like a god in the stone-age with a boom-stick' plot has already been done too many times, and it wasn't good in any of the previous renditions. Just saying.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Sunday 11th December 2011 12:27pm

I know I've already commented one, but re-reading brings up a few other points. Did killing Tom by non-magical means negate some of his protections? I note that there's no wraith wandering off in this story (be amusing if the cold metal of the bullets negated all his protections toward immortality). Secondly, what does Lily's triumph using non-magical means do/mean to Albus' propehcy? Might it mean that Albus is the "Dark Lord" in question and his attempts to gain control of Harry "marK" Harry? That would tie in to the prophecy in that Harry couldn't live a regular life until he removed Albus' attempts to control and manipulate him.

Slytherin66 posted a comment on Sunday 11th December 2011 7:54am

This was good and you are right about guns in the UK back then really you would expect the muggleborn or raised to be ready for anything or do anything since they can't out duel Tom Riddle.

I liked what was done to Vernon and Peter, said to Hagrid. Harry's wand will really upset Albus as its a powerful wand and Harry has no need of another.

I agree it was beyond stupid not for the Potter's to have their wands really they should have had spare wands, potion knives and had an escape plan. I think Albus knew everything and allowed the Potter's to be found and die he does not deny raising Harry to be killed and the sad thing was Harry still had faith in Albus.

I would like to think life would be better now as Harry has both his mum and Sirius not to mention to faith in Albus and his own wand. Thanks for this.

Milarqui posted a comment on Sunday 11th December 2011 5:52am

This story is an interesting one. I would love to see a bit more about it, because it is so good that being a one shot is not making the story justice.

Sarah5 posted a comment on Sunday 11th December 2011 5:41am

Can Sirius and Lily protect Harry from Wizarding public and Dumbledores plans?

William Martin posted a comment on Sunday 11th December 2011 2:13am

Excellent story. I liked how Voldemort mistook Lilly's remorse over what she was going to have to do as her giving in to him. Such arrogance.

Patches posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2011 3:09am

I like this story and it makes a lot of sense. I can see Lily's muggle father teaching his girls to learn to use his pistol. I can also see Lily using it on Voldemort when he came to kill all of her small family. I like the fact that Sirius and Lily stood up to Hagrid and Hagrid realized that Lily would kill him if he tried to take her son away from her. It gives a question as to how Dumbledore knew that James and Lily with their infant son were going to be attacked. If he knew that why wasn't he there to help protect them? Very good thinking. I would like to see more of this but I understand why it is a one shot. Thanks for writing a thought provoking story. pms

David Thacker posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2011 2:32am

Will there be a sequel to this?

dimriver posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2011 12:33am

Really stupid to be without their wands. I mean how do they cook, clean? Them magical folks use their wands for almost so many things.

sarahgirl12384 posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 8:47pm

Love this!!!!! I always wondered why Lily didn't fight back...

Bob Officer posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 8:38pm

Well I disagree with you, I have seen few Lily survives which were good. I for the most part consider Dumbledore almost as bad as Riddle.

I would like to see you write several one shots of Harry Growing up with Lily. While Dumbledore does everything in his power to gain control over him.

XRaiderV1 posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 8:10pm

while I wish this was expanded into a full fic..

outstanding work!

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 6:16pm

Bravo!! As the title of a book in one work has it, "Wandless, Not Helpless". Given the service that Lily's father admits to, I can very easily see why he'd want his daughters to be able to protect themselves. It's probably just as good that Lily had his pistol as I can't see someone like Vernon keeping it around if Petunia had inherited it. I have to admit, I do think Lily's questions to them about the eagerness to deal with everything were quite germane and 'twould be interesting to know the answers. The final scene was perfect as Tom finds that sometimes magic can't protect you, no matter what you've done. It could be rather interesting to see what a live Lily and a free, and reporting to the Aurors, Sirius do to throw Albus' plans into disarray. For that matter, how would wizarding society in general and the Ministry in particular react to Voldemort being killed by non-magical means (and a firearm in particular - I can see the pureblood contingent getting rather agitated at just how dangerous "mere muggles" have become). There are lots of ways the story could go from here and, while others have taken some approaches, this reader wouldn't mind seeing what approaches and "variables" you selected.

seiryu posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 5:12pm

That was cute... and had me humming the Aerosmith song and looking it up in Youtube :D

Anansii posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 4:21pm

Ah, the power Voldemort knows not - a 9mm headache!

Steve Bishop posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 4:12pm

I like it. This would make a great Prologue to a much larger, multi-chaptered story...(hint hint)

DrT posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 4:05pm

I understand not wanting to take this further, so I'll just say, 'good job!'

ShadeHawk posted a comment on Friday 9th December 2011 3:52pm

Very nice story.

BTW. I always thought that Dumbledore either cast some charm or ward on either house or Harry, or as the caster of Fidelius he knew when it got broken...