Content Harry Potter Original Young Justice

Reviews

Sonicdale posted a comment on Friday 2nd July 2010 10:44am

As a den leader and cubmaster...
This is freakin' hilarious! Some times I wonder if that is what these dads do in our competitions. That said, I think I'm going to steal your "Made By The Kids" division. :)

Nice work. This rocks.

Clell65619 replied:

-Just make sure you monitor the "Made by the Cubs" category. One year while I was busy setting up the track they held the judging for all the appearance categories... and I came back to find my son laughing his snarky little butt off, because my car won the "Made by the Cubs" trophy. I tried to give it to the kid who took second and he said I deserved it more.

- Damn kids.

santiln posted a comment on Thursday 1st July 2010 7:37pm

Hahaha really good. I like what you've written here and you should post it as a flashback maybe in some chapter or in the chapter that recall this moment in ff.net.
The first chapter of Technomagical Ideas was a surprise for me. I never thought of Padma being his first (or one of his) girlfriends. It was clasical superhero funeral. It could fit.
Greetings
Canuto-90 (ff.net)
Santiln

Clell65619 replied:

- The Padma chapter isn't going to happen in story. That came from an early idea I had for the ending of the story, but I'm going another way.

Crys posted a comment on Sunday 13th June 2010 7:02pm

Is it you, or one of your parents who was one of those parents?

Seriously, fun little story.

Clell65619 replied:

- I was, to my eternal shame, the parent who won the trophy for the car that just HAD to be made by the scout.

00_Knight posted a comment on Sunday 13th June 2010 10:07am

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M2J MandalorianJedi posted a comment on Sunday 13th June 2010 9:25am

Superb work on the last two chapters. Both were extremely funny. I seriously couldn't stop laughing.

Ben Russell-Gough posted a comment on Sunday 13th June 2010 8:20am

You've done it now! For some reason, I can't get the image out of my mind of an adult Hermione in a Fantastic Four uniform. Preferrably one as risqué as Sue's. ;-)

Bill Hagridsson posted a comment on Saturday 12th June 2010 7:49pm

That is wrong in so many ways, but funny as hell. Come to think of it, other than good writing (you've got that covered already), that's the main criteria I use for finding new stories to read. Fun stuff indeed.

coronal posted a comment on Saturday 12th June 2010 3:58pm

this one was just full of win and awesome!

Ben Russell-Gough posted a comment on Saturday 12th June 2010 10:40am

All I can say is that Tony and Reed are a serious threat to life and limb. A gravitational isolator? A point singularity tractor? I literally am scared about what equivalent of a tree-house they have built their boys.

Still, this does explain a lot about the character of Harry Stark - "Better living through insane applications of technology". If he manages to debug the process of using environmental magic for power, I strongly suspect that he would probably up-end the laws of reality... mostly by accident.

I always enjoy 'Technomage' and these shorts are just as good.

pnthrgrl343 posted a comment on Saturday 12th June 2010 7:57am

Thank you so much for posting this! Ever since it was brought up in passing earlier in the story I've been wondering how the whole thing played out. Love it. :)

Lee Dickie posted a comment on Saturday 12th June 2010 5:46am

Great writing of overly competitive dads.

Gardengirl posted a comment on Saturday 12th June 2010 5:37am

I think it was in a James Bond movie - one of the Bond girls huffs in exasperation, "Boys with toys!"

This was GREAT. Thanks for posting it!

morriganscrow posted a comment on Saturday 12th June 2010 5:17am

*wince* This brought back some very painful memories of Little Athletics....

The story was a lot of fun, and a darn good read.

Kokopelli posted a comment on Saturday 12th June 2010 4:39am

For the Pinewood Derby in my son's pack, we had a race after the scouts where parent-built cars could compete. My own rule was that I didn't build my car until my son's car was finished.

I won some, I lost some, but my son always knew that he built his own car.

Clell65619 replied:

- I spent one derby helping with the setup of the track while the cars were judged pre-race. I returned to find my youngest laughing his butt off because my personal car had won the trophy for the car most obviously built entirely by the scout.

- I gave them back the trophy of course, but the kid who had won second place looked at my car and tried to give me the trophy back.

DrT posted a comment on Saturday 12th June 2010 2:16am

Dads!

Not much more can be said. I hope they don't do backyard bbq; I'd hate to see the lighter fluid duels (or does Johnny Storm take care of that?)

Quincy posted a comment on Saturday 12th June 2010 1:00am

Awesome, I couldn`t help but laught.
Would a little omake on a Von Doom Juniot be possible?

Wolfric posted a comment on Friday 11th June 2010 8:46pm

Good chapter. I live in a college town and science fair at the grade school is always interesting. Thanks for writing. W.

joeBob posted a comment on Friday 11th June 2010 7:56pm

Very nice.
I always hated when *my* car lost to some other kid's dad's car.

Clell65619 replied:

- That's nothing. One year the car I spent three weekends working on won the 'Obviously made by the Scout' trophy.

smhalcyon posted a comment on Friday 11th June 2010 7:49pm

That was by far one of the funniest things I have read. I have tears coming out of my eyes & hiccups from laughing so hard.

Riegert8 posted a comment on Friday 11th June 2010 7:49pm

Very good chapter