Content Harry Potter Original Young Justice

Author Notes:

I do not own Harry Potter.   Nor any of the other characters or situations associated with Harry Potter.   Nor do I own any of the characters and situations associated with Iron Man nor any other characters associated with Marvel Comics.   But you knew that.

A/N:   My writing process is some what convoluted and utterly undisciplined.   What I typically do is plot out the entire story in an outline, then plot out each chapter individually.   Then I write out individual scenes as they strike my fancy. Quite frequently in mid story I decide to take it in a new direction because the damned actors start adlibbing in my head.   This particular scene came from my Technomage fic, in a proposed summer before seventh year chapter.   My intent was to have circumstances drive Harry Stark to the point where he would kill.   I showed this around and many of those who read it told me they liked it, but pleaded that I not take the story in that direction.   In reflection I decided that they were right and that Harry’s final solution will probably not include spreading Tom across several counties in the form of a fine mist.   I’ve got a much better ending for Tom, but I digress.   Anyway rather than have the time I put into this go for naught, I thought I’d offer it up here.   This particular chapter will not be extended or continued.

 

August 1, 1997

Amos Vale Cemetery

Bristol, UK.

Raining. Harry thought as he made his way from the limosine down the path to… Padma.  How cliché

“Are you all right Harry?” Parvati asked from under her umbrella.

“Not really, no,” his voice was emotionless.  Almost dead.  “Thank you.”

She nodded understanding completely, and gestured toward a path leading into the cemetery.  He followed the woman on the path that wound its way between the rows of plots.  Finally they arrived.  The plot was obvious, fresh sod; the stone still pristine, fresh flowers, and the stone.  Wizards had one advantage over the Muggles in death she reflected.  Their place can be marked almost instantly.

Padma Patil

4 January 1980- 24 July 1997

Daughter, Sister, Friend

“It was a beautiful day.” Parvati asked, her dark eyes offering the image of her twin. “The service was a mixture of Father’s traditions from India and Mother’s from England. She’s wearing the jewelry you got her.  I fought with Father over that, he wanted to send it back to you.  I told him that Padma would never take it off.”  She hesitated as if just realizing what her words might be doing to him.  “Would you like me to stay Harry?” 

“There’s no need for you to stay Parvati.  I think I need to be alone for a few moments.” He took the young woman’s hand. “Please, get yourself out of this rain.  I’ll be alright.  Thank you for showing me the way.”

“Harry…” the girl hesitated again.  Why was this so hard?  “Padma and I shared everything.  I know it didn’t show at school, but we told each other everything.  Padma told me about what the two of you had.”  Her eyes swam with unshed tears.  “She was so happy, so proud of you, so in love with you.  Did she tell you about the dolls?”

Harry nodded.

“I made sure she had it with her. Padma has her Harry doll with her now, and forever.”  The exotic Gryffindor rose onto her tiptoes to kiss Harry on the cheek, “Get the ones who did this Harry.  Hurt them they way they hurt my sister.” She turned and walked away leaving Harry to his grief.

After the girl was gone Harry stood in silence staring down at the stone, the rain dripping from his hair into his eyes hiding the tears.  He hadn’t thought he had anymore tears.  Harry dropped to his knees, ignoring the wet squelch from the soil.  With a trembling hand, he reached out and lightly traced the lettering on her stone.

“Hey Padma,” the black haired man murmured.  “I’m sorry it took so long for me to get here.  Dad took me white water rafting in the Canadian Rockies.  A last chance for just the two of us, he said.  A last chance before I didn’t have time for him anymore.  I was joking around and just goofing off when they… when they were hurting you.” His tears were flowing now, visible despite the rain.  “We were in the middle of nowhere.  We purposely didn’t take any method of communications with us, and we never told anyone where we were going. You were gone for ten days before Franklin found us…”  His breath caught in his throat.  “I’m so sorry Padma, I’m so sorry. I should have… should have…”

---===oooOOOooo===---

“We should go to him.”  Hermione Granger moved to open the door.  An impossibly strong hand stopped her.

“Leave him alone Hermione.”  Franklin Richards said his eyes fixed on his kneeling best friend.  “He’s hurting now.  When he’s ready he’ll come back on his own.”

“I’ll have to be leaving soon.  Mum and Dad have forbidden me from having anything to do with Harry or the rest of you.”  Parvati said quietly.

“They’re trying to protect you.”  Susan suggested.

“I know that Sue.  It just makes me so angry.  I don’t want safe, I want revenge.  They’ve taken Padma, they’ve taken Lavender, and they’ve taken Lisa and Justin and Ernie, and Colin and Dennis. No one has done anything.  The ministry put out a pamphlet telling people how to protect themselves.  It boils down to keep your head down until the Aurors arrive.  We’ve all seen what Harry can do, between his magic, his armor and the way his mind works…  I asked him to…”

“We know.” Hannah said.

Neville fixed Franklin with a stare.  “You know Harry best Franklin.  What is he going to do?”

The blond man’s mouth set into a firm line.  He couldn’t help but know their thoughts.  They were frightened for themselves, worried for Harry and mourning their lost friends.  They needed to be encouraged.  “He’s hurting now.  In an hour he’s going to be angry.”  The only son of Reed Richards leaned back in his seat, again turning his attention to his mourning friend. 

“Someone should tell Lord Flight from Death that Dumbledore isn’t in charge anymore, and Hell is coming.”

Author Notes:

Ooh.   You can almost smell the angst.

 

- It has been pointed out to me that I sometimes have horrible things happen to Harry's girlfriends.   I'm trying to stop doing that.