Content Harry Potter Original Young Justice

Reviews

Rage and Light posted a comment on Thursday 11th March 2010 10:36am for Chapter One

nice take on this one, I hope there is moer to come such as hermione tracking harry down to apologise and then find a future together?

david

terpsichorean posted a comment on Saturday 20th February 2010 11:46pm for Chapter One

I really like this story. I think the rebuttal to Hermione about her plans to alter her parents memories is brilliant. I thought that her doing it was horrible in the books. How do you steal someone's sense of self like that? After all what else are we but our experiences? I hope you find the time to continue it.

I'd like to see this continue mainly because Harry was equally wrong for doing what he did to her, and I'd like to see them work it out.

dimriver posted a comment on Thursday 18th February 2010 2:06am for Chapter One

This is a good story. I remember reading that part and thinking, she did that?

Soothingmadness posted a comment on Tuesday 16th February 2010 12:04am for Chapter One

Of all of your stories I hope this one gets updated next. I find the plot very interesting.

Eblis posted a comment on Thursday 11th February 2010 2:27pm for Chapter One

I'd like to first say that I completely agree with your reasoning in A/N2, I had much the same reaction myself.

You have taken an awful plot point from a substandard continuation of the series and actually managed to twist it around into something I actually want to read more of.
Be it about Hermione's reaction afterwards, trying to make peace with everyone and get reacquainted with the world as she now finds it and, specifically, her attempting to track down and apologise properly to Harry or of how 'Wendell and Monica' cope with having a daughter that doesn't remember who or what she really is in the intervening time...

tl;dr:
Fantastic! Want more!

Clell65619 replied:

- Thanks.

- Chapter two will be Hermione... or maybe Wendy... coming to terms with what happened while reading Ron's letters.

- Chapter three will be Harry coming to terms with life.

Graup posted a comment on Thursday 11th February 2010 7:43am for Chapter One

I quite enjoyed the ficlet. Good job on that.

Are you going to continue?

Graup_Hagrid

Clell65619 replied:

Yes

Jamey posted a comment on Wednesday 10th February 2010 12:17pm for Chapter One

A really good place to end the story - a bit of a "lady or the tiger" ending, with Hermione having to face her actions.

Wolfric posted a comment on Tuesday 9th February 2010 11:03pm for Chapter One

Great beginning. Thanks for writing. W.

BJH posted a comment on Tuesday 9th February 2010 8:24pm for Chapter One

Ya gotta love Monica! I find myself thinking that Herrmione, both canon and as you are portraying her, is a lot like a female Dumbledore, both feel that they, and only they, have the wisdom and intellect to be able to judge who should know what truth and who shouldn't. I recall what Dumbledore tells Harry at the end of SS: "the truth is a powerful thing and must be treated with caution" or something like that. Both feel that since they have the ability to manipulate people they have the right to.

I look forward to seeing what Ron has to say and the Quibbler articles should be fun too.

BJH

Ron posted a comment on Tuesday 9th February 2010 12:42pm for Chapter One

I really hope you have some ideas for continuing this one. 'Aftermath' stories really interest me, as long as they're not too influenced by the 'crapilogue' from DH. BTW, I really like what you've done by bringing other female characters into some of your stories. H/Hr, in my opinion could only work with a buffer. That said, I really enjoy H/Hr stories FAR more than the H/G stories, including the crap JKR wrote!

Clell65619 replied:

Chapter 2 will be (mostly) Hermione reading Ron's letters, with a few Quibbler articles sent by Luna...

Chapter 3 will be Harry dealing with life.

Kokopelli posted a comment on Tuesday 9th February 2010 9:36am for Chapter One

I second FullPensieve's review.

Marvelous story, great beginning - I do hope real life gives you the time to finish this one properly. Eagerly await the next installment.

J

Jarrod posted a comment on Tuesday 9th February 2010 8:42am for Chapter One

OMG, yeah that was awesome. Completely new take and just completely from left field. I like not only how Hermoine reacts but how her parents do and how everything is threaded together.

I have to admit to being curious about if you are going to continue this or if it is simply a one shot.

Particle_Accelerator posted a comment on Monday 8th February 2010 10:39pm for Chapter One

I read the original version of this piece, and I think your changes help it in some ways. I would love to see more, and (hopefully) see Hermione and Harry... reconcile. :D

Princess Fictoria posted a comment on Monday 8th February 2010 1:03pm for Chapter One

wow! you got me teary eyed. i loved the parents reactions. i look forward to reading more.

Frank Hacklander posted a comment on Sunday 7th February 2010 9:08pm for Chapter One

You know, i had forgotten this was to be a multi-chaptered fic. While we may have our political differences on occasion, I think your work is marvelous, even with the occasional malapropisms and spelling errors. When I read this the first time, I went "wow," this goes to the heart of the worst of my favorite character. Phenomenal job and I look forward to not only seeing an update of this tale but of all your other WIPs. Thanks.

pakrat77 posted a comment on Sunday 7th February 2010 8:18pm for Chapter One

So far so good. Easy to fallow the back and forth between time periods.
I keep seeing the 'As you wish' as being the line from Princess Bride.
Can't wait to see how everyone deals with the fallout.

eklo posted a comment on Sunday 7th February 2010 5:23pm for Chapter One

Was it ever explicitly stated that Hermione modified her parent's memories
WITHOUT their permission?

Clell65619 replied:

- No, it was never specifically stated one way or the other. But can you imagine any parents allowing such a thing to be done to them?

GinnyLover posted a comment on Sunday 7th February 2010 2:43pm for Chapter One

I do hope you update this one. I'd love to see it!

dakinumas posted a comment on Sunday 7th February 2010 6:24am for Chapter One

"But that was different…" Hermione hesitated. "I’m… I’m… I’m a witch."?
That's just so arrogant!

As opposed to you, Hermione was never my favorite character, She was too bossy, nagging and self righteous for her own good and especially when JKR made her too competent in DH, it's unrealistic! and when she said she model Hermione after her younger self, it's weird.

You made me dislike her more here...
But interesting take on the event, looking to read more of it! :)

Clell65619 replied:

- The arrogance is rampant in the culture she embraced. After all, there was an entire department of the government dedicated to removing the memories of mere Muggles. The message was clear, "Magicals, important. Muggles, not."

- I've got two more chapters outlined, the next chapter will be Hermione reading Ron's letters and the Underground Quibbler articles that Luna sent and dealing with her life now that she remembers magic.

- The third Chapter will be Harry dealing with his guilt and trying to get on with his life.

joeBob posted a comment on Sunday 7th February 2010 4:58am for Chapter One

Spot-on about the mind rape by, and the hypocrisy of, Hermione.

Good story except for the part about Harry being a doormat.

Clell65619 replied:

- Harry had been wallowing in the guilt for what he had done to Hermione for four years. As far as he was concerned he deserved what he got.