Content Harry Potter Original Young Justice

Reviews

Wanderer posted a comment on Tuesday 9th August 2016 1:45am

More 'Yay', coming along nicely. M

Wanderer posted a comment on Tuesday 9th August 2016 1:33am

Yay! I'm so glad you didn't just dump them together, but Luna is one of my fav characters and keeping Her a Her was a brilliantly Luna thing to do :D

M

Wanderer posted a comment on Tuesday 9th August 2016 1:19am

Nicely done :)

Obviously the Headmistress is just as much a schemer as the Headmaster... now, the question is, what is the aim of her schemes?

Fun stuff! M

Wanderer posted a comment on Tuesday 9th August 2016 1:08am

I'm really enjoying how you are taking small steps at showing the gender switch, as opposed to shoving it down our throats in sweeping exposition.

Harry, being a naturally roll-with-it type of guy on the surface, should have no trouble adapting. I wonder if his connection to Voldie is consistent... will be fun to see :)

Thanks for the story, M

Wanderer posted a comment on Tuesday 9th August 2016 12:34am

Fun opening to what promises to be a twisty take on my fave tale :)

M

Semkirk posted a comment on Monday 13th June 2016 1:11pm

Nicely done! Thank you for the update!

RHJunior posted a comment on Saturday 11th June 2016 7:37pm

Gender Switching vs. gender ROLE switching. The former, when well done, is a mentally broadening and stimulating writing technique.

The latter does not work.

As much as certain segments of the politically correct and humor impaired are offended by the fact, gender roles are not simple historical accidents. They are rooted in biological realities and necessities.

First example: sexual "aggressiveness."... or aggressiveness in general. Men aren't more aggressive than women due to some sinister plot by the patriarchy. They're more aggressive because it is a fundamental survival strategy for the species. The female bears the young, nurses them and tends to them until they are independent; consequently aggressive behavior (hunting, fighting enemy tribesmen, dominance struggles) are counterproductive, as it endangers the survival of the young and because the female is less physically capable of such endeavors (lower upper body strength, etc.) Cooperation and social bonding are better strategies for the female. The male on the other hand is larger, stronger, and is not encumbered by childbearing, so it is more sensible for him to be the aggressive risk-taker.

Likewise sexual aggressiveness. A human female gains little to no survival advantage from being sexually adventurous. Her ideal reproductive strategy is to find and maintain the interest of one male, and keep him faithful and protective towards her and her offspring.

These practicalities are rooted deep in our genes, our most deeply rooted primal instincts... and it makes for terrible writing. The only way your gender-role-flipped world would exist is if humans reproduced like seahorses.

The purpose of gender-flipped fanfic is to investigate how a male character's actions would be different with a feminine perspective, or a female character's with a male's perspective. It effectively recreates the character. A well-done example can be found in the story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8202739/1/Weasley-Girl

Flipping gender roles, on the other hand, just gives you women with nads and men with tits.

Riegert8 posted a comment on Tuesday 7th June 2016 7:15pm

I did not think that Luna would agree to try to get her old memory back so soon, I wonder what the consequences from her action that Luna would have go though. Harry may understand what has happen to Luna, but that don't take away all the pain that it cause

4rm36uy posted a comment on Monday 16th May 2016 2:13pm

What is the idea that he had?!?!?!?!

incogn1to posted a comment on Monday 28th March 2016 7:13pm

Love it. I really hope this is continued soon.

JaceBralor posted a comment on Monday 22nd February 2016 12:19am

I have just knocked out the existing chapters in the last several hours, loved every second of it, here's hoping you fix our resident Loony next chapter, and it's nice to know that the more things change, the more they stay the same as far as Umbridge is concerned.

arturus posted a comment on Tuesday 1st December 2015 9:14pm

It really is an entertaining story. if the next chapter is as good as this I'll happily wait.

Nytefyre posted a comment on Tuesday 4th August 2015 12:16am

It's been a long time since I've caught up with this story. During the re-read pronoun troubles became clearer. I know that keeping all the reversed genders and changed names straight is somewhat of a challenge.

Anyway, this new chapter definitely hits some interesting points. The capabilities of the RoR seem to continue to evolve... Somewhat disturbing to think of popping self aware sentient beings into existence for brief periods.

The choice forced on Thubani was cruel, but it would have been nice to see her show some more backbone. Umbridge seems so much more openly deranged here... And yet dangerous in the changes made to Luna.

i definitely look forward to more. Thanks for writing and sharing.

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Sunday 9th November 2014 12:50am

Lokabrenna? Rakasha (=demon)? Are those the best you could do for Sirius and Remus? How about Vega or Lyra (both female names for stars)? A werewolf... hmmm... Thiess (a Livonian werewolf)? Gilles (Gilles Garnier, "the werewolf of Dole")? Henry Gardinn (alleged werewolf in Limburg)?

I wonder if you were thinking of Mother Wolf in The Jungle Book. But Kipling spelled her name Raksha. "And it is I, Raksha [The Demon], who answers."

And Dionysodoros? Gift of Dionysus (god of wine and drunkenness) instead of Gift of a Nymph?

But... I can forgive a lot for "Chrismas Fairies and Hanukkah Pixies". Not to mention the role reversal for French Poodles and Rottweilers. LOL!

Clell65619 replied:

Well, Lokabrenna is old Norse for, yes, the Star Sirius and since it indicates the aspects of Loki it fits.

Rakasha is the spelling in my edition of the Jungle Book, and that was the source I used.

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Saturday 8th November 2014 5:42am

I vote to prank them back to the stone age. Prank them now! Prank them now!

lograyvadisi posted a comment on Tuesday 21st October 2014 10:23pm

This is a good story, but I caught a minor detail. Thubani is supposed to be female, right? In the second to last section of this chapter, her gender switches freely between male and female. (Meetings and Plans is the chapter, in case it doesn't say on your end.)

diagonalpumpkin posted a comment on Sunday 12th October 2014 7:46pm

I was so excited to see an update for this story (obviously I'm running a little behind in finding it). I'm very glad to know that it is not dead, and will be finished. Yay! Thank you for the great chapter and I can hardly wait for the next one.

Princess Fictoria posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2014 1:14am

Oooh, I so very much hope that Dumbledore is able to get the cure for Luna out of the little toad... Otherwise, she needs to tell Harry what happened, ASAP! Because I think Harry could get him to talk... loudly... intersperced with much screaming to be sure... but he would talk!

Lambdaman78 posted a comment on Sunday 21st September 2014 11:16am

Thanks a lot for continueing this story!

Lee Dickie posted a comment on Saturday 20th September 2014 5:47pm

A well written set of threats and paybacks.