Content Harry Potter Original Young Justice

Reviews

dan26 posted a comment on Sunday 7th February 2010 2:15am for Chapter One

Interesting to consider and this proves fanfiction authors can write better then JK Rowling

Clell65619 replied:

- I wouldn't go that far, but thanks.

huskerfan posted a comment on Saturday 6th February 2010 11:14pm for Chapter One

Good story, is this going to have another chapter?

Clell65619 replied:

- I've got two more chapters outlined, the next chapter will be Hermione reading Ron's letters and the Underground Quibbler articles that Luna sent and dealing with her life now that she remembers magic. - The third Chapter will be Harry dealing with his guilt and trying to get on with his life.

Full_Pensieve posted a comment on Saturday 6th February 2010 8:58pm for Chapter One

Wow, a genuinely unique idea! That's rare after a decade of HP fanfiction. Very interested to see what's next. BTW,I had the same reaction when reading DH.

Clell65619 replied:

- A lot of people tell me that they feel that the series started to fail with the fifth book. Me, I didn't see it. Sure the story line got darker as the cast grew up, but that never bothered me. DH on the other hand was absolutely horrible. It took three tries to read it and I've only managed to read it cover to cover once, which for me is very unusual.

rune1806 posted a comment on Saturday 6th February 2010 5:34pm for Chapter One

Nice you are making your plot bunny into a story, I liked the little bit you wrote before and wondered how it might turn out. I look forward to more.

bookworm914 posted a comment on Saturday 6th February 2010 4:30pm for Chapter One

This is a a very fun-looking piece so far. Rather like Hermione to fly off the handle that way, very like Harry to take it.
Also, very interesting dynamic between Hermione and her parents. She did it to them, and they've had 4 years to understand it. They were certainly going to have a long serious talk about it with her, but it would have been pretty calm and controlled. Instead, Hermione assaults Harry, and now they're both ripping into her, partly for something that from her perspective she did only a few months ago.
Amazing line of awesomeness "I should have been clearer. I'm going to talk."

Carol Layland posted a comment on Saturday 6th February 2010 2:00pm for Chapter One

A very intresting view of Post DH events. The chapter is very well concieved and written and I am eagerly awaiting he next chapter.

bjon66 posted a comment on Saturday 6th February 2010 12:54pm for Chapter One

Good story.. Don't care much for flashbacks, but it worked here..

Jonathan Langford posted a comment on Saturday 6th February 2010 11:44am for Chapter One

So is this a oneshot, or does the story continue? You obviously seem to be setting it up so that if it continues, Hermione and Harry will be together...

You certainly make your point, and it's a worthwhile one. If you continue, though, you'll need to broaden the story some. Maybe Hermione goes back to England and keeps discovering how different everything is... including how different it is from canon. (I like the way that the one-year wrapup becomes a four-year wrapup with Hermione's absence.)

I think it's good either way, as a first chapter or just as a stand-alone. Wherever the muse moves you!

Clell65619 replied:

- I've got two more chapters outlined, the next chapter will be Hermione reading Ron's letters and the Underground Quibbler articles that Luna sent and dealing with her life now that she remembers magic. - The third Chapter will be Harry dealing with his guilt and trying to get on with his life.

- I'm not really intending to have Hermione return to the UK, at least not as my outline stands now. The addition of the Weasleys either mourning for Ginny or Ron feeling guilty for having fallen in love and married while she was 'asleep' would be a plot vector I really don't want to explore. As my outline sits now, Hermione Granger is dead with only a few people knowing the truth.

- As far as the length of the war goes, Hermione not being there had to have some effect after all...

gtray123 posted a comment on Saturday 6th February 2010 10:52am for Chapter One

Deluded/Clell first off let me say I'm a long time reader first time reviewer. Love your work; now that's out of the way let me say I like the arc of this story and would really like to see it continued. Like you I could not believe Hermione would do this to her parents and believe it is poetic justice to have it done to her. If you ever have the time or the inclination please write more. Thank you for all your stories and may I ask just one little favor...an Incredible update. If you do I promise to leave a review.

Zamia posted a comment on Saturday 6th February 2010 3:33am for Chapter One

Definitely agree with you about DH. Will be interested in seeing how Hermione handles this, you have a paddock to work in. Cheers
Z

bob dole posted a comment on Saturday 6th February 2010 12:57am for Chapter One

Ehh.. the story seems to be based on a false equivalency. They're really not similar scenarios at all. You can't handwave away "they made her Hermione minus everything to do with magic", magic was the entire reason her personality developed the way it did rather than a few peripheral memories to block like for the Grangers. And he left the block on for far longer than the Grangers were left memory charmed, enough to develop a whole new (fake) life. And it doesn't even really make any sense in the first place, Hermione wasn't in any more risk than anyone else fighting Voldemort. The scene where they decide "let's memory charm Hermione!" comes across as just ridiculously OOC because it's something Harry would just never, ever do.

Hmm, I guess I disagree with pretty much the entire plot, haha. Sorry.

Clell65619 replied:

- as with anything, your milage may vary.

- For the record, there was nothing 'fake' about the life of Wendy Wilkins. She was a real person with a real life. She just didn't have a past. Wendy is still there, coexisting with Hermione.

David Thacker posted a comment on Friday 5th February 2010 11:13pm for Chapter One

Will there be a chapter 2 to this?

Clell65619 replied:

- I've got two more chapters outlined, the next chapter will be Hermione reading Ron's letters and the Underground Quibbler articles that Luna sent and dealing with her life now that she remembers magic. - The third Chapter will be Harry dealing with his guilt and trying to get on with his life.

kb0 posted a comment on Friday 5th February 2010 11:08pm for Chapter One

Well, that's interesting. :) I would have to say that DH was a severe disappointment. I'm not quite sure I reached anger, but there was so much potential wasted and contradictions abounded, not to mention the Duex Ex Machina from outside the ballpark and even outright insanity. The worst book of the series, IMO...sigh.

I find your take on Harry and Ron doing to Hermy what she did to her parents to not only be funny (as most of your ideas are), but to be poetic justice for her. I can see you not letting Harry and Ginny work things out, but I was surprised that you let her get killed. I suppose that does prevent certain plot problems. :)

I liked Monica's talk and I look forward to seeing what you do with this.

Kevin

Clell65619 replied:

- I killed Ginny, and am striving to have her not to come off as my typical 'Weasley Bitch' in the second chapter, rather I want her to simply discover that Harry isn't the hero she thought he was and then have her react to the stress of the war.


- One of the more unrealistic aspects of DH was the way the new regime left all the old 'light supporters' alone for the most part. The Voldemort regime in this story will be conduction culls left and right, causing the Weasleys to end up on the run.


- Ginny died because lots of people are going to die, and a random pick I did had her name come up. War is like that.

Riegert8 posted a comment on Friday 5th February 2010 11:04pm for Chapter One

This is a very good chapter, It is sad that Hermione seem has lost a friend over her angry. But Harry sould have known that there be a big chance that Hermione would hit him and say thing in angry, Harry sould give Hermione time to cool off and try to talk to her then. At this time it hard to see that Harry & Hermione friendship could be saved